A visual round-up of the 1st Sustainable Leather Forum
- Frank Boehly, President - Conseil National du Cuir
- Agnès Pannier-Runacher, Secretary of State - Ministry of Economy
- Anna Athanasopoulou, Head of Unit Tourism, Emerging and Creative Industries; DG Internal Market, Industryn Entrepreneurship and SMEs - European Commission
Actors in the fashion and luxury markets moving towards CSR
As a result of recent studies, the image of fashion as being a polluting industry has started to stick in the mind of customers.
How was this conclusion reached? What are the expectations of new consumers? Can fashion improve its image, reduce its use of resources, its impact on pollution and create new development opportunities?
- Edwige Rey, Partner for CSR and Sustainable Development - Mazars
- Christelle Capdupuy, Global Sustainable Development Director - Louis Vuitton
CSR, from farming to finished leathers
Leather and its production have an important, even a major role to play in certain markets for the footwear, leather goods and glove sectors. This is a very complex industrial activity that draws on a number of traditional skills as well as technological expertise.
How can we improve leather’s environmental performance, and its impact on society as a whole, from farming to tanning and finished leathers, taking into account the technical, ecological and economic challenges?
- Egbert Dikkers, Chairman - Leather Naturally
- Rafael Andrade, Spokesperson and CEO of Wow Creative Solutions and Strategy - CSCB
- Graham Webb, Chairman - Crocodile Specialist Group
Round table 1
- David Grangeré, Bigard - Director
- Nicholas Butler, Covico – International Director
- Jean-Christophe Muller, Tanneries Haas – Director General
- Olivier Raynaud, Raynaud Jeune - Owner-manager
- Cédric Vigier, CTC – Innovation manager
- Gustavo Gonzalez Quijano, Cotance - Secretary-General
- Marie-Claire Daveu, Chief Sustainability Officer and Head of International Institutional Affairs - Kering
- Stéphanie Kerbarh, MP, President of the CSR Group - French National Assembly
Manufacturing, sourcing, distribution and CSR in footwear
The various markets for footwear, from fashion items to sports shoes via personal protection equipment are experiencing a number of major challenges, with the distribution sector undergoing a revolution, production tending to become more automated and international sourcing that fluctuates according to the economic development of producer countries.
In this complex and difficult context, are footwear labels are on the frontline of the Corporate Social Responsibility revolution?
- Alan Fustec, Director General - Goodwill-management
- Jennifer Schappert-Champeaux, Policy Advisor, Textile & Garment, Responsible Business Conduct Unit - OECD
Round table 2
- Nicolas Mille, Gaston Mille - President
- Anne-Céline Humeau, Innoshoe - Spokesperson and CEO of Humeau-Beaupréau
- Gauthier Bedek, ERAM - R&D Director
- Thibault Repelin, M.Moustache - Co-founder
- Thierry Poncet, CTC - Manager of the Leather and Sustainable Development departments
- Francisco Valente, Decathlon - Leather Conception Leader
The sustainable approach in the leather goods sector
Leather goods are the flagship fashion item and attract much attention, not all of it positive. This is a paradoxical situation, because leather goods production is generally perfectly compatible with a responsible approach: sophisticated expertise, noble materials, respect for intellectual property, long-lasting products. Indeed, we could ask ourselves whether the DNA of luxury leather goods is, by definition, “sustainable”?
- Fella Imalhayenne, General Delegate - Global Compact France
- Emmanuel Pommier, Managing Director of the Artisanal Leather goods and saddlery section - Hermès
Round table 3
- Jean-Yves Chauvy, SIS - Managing Director
- Ange Alez Martin, Créations JC Perrin - CEO
- Delphine Sarfati-Sobreira, UNIFAB - Managing Director
- Chantal Malingrey, Premiere Vision Group - Marketing and Development Director
- Isabelle Lefort - Paris Good Fashion - President
- Frank Boehly, Conseil National du Cuir - President